Today I will share 11 of the best free Windows PC firewalls. news about data breaches, you've probably wondered a lot if your computer is secure enough. GlassWire. This free Firewall Software provides instant protection from all online attacks as soon as you install the software package to your Windows system. Are you looking to secure your PC with firewall program? Here is a list of 10 best free firewall software for Windows 10, 8, 7.
10 Best Free Firewalls For Windows 10/8/7 To Protect Your PC - congratulate
10 Best Firewall Software For Windows 10, 8, 7 PC
Windows systems seems to suffer endless security issues that online villains are expert to exploit. Even though having a great and effective built-in firewall, Windows PC needs protection from online threats in addition to block viruses, trojans, rootkits and hackers from breaking into the system.
Therefore, a need for setting Firewall is vital as a security measure to protect systems and other network devices from any attack. So, further discussing the 10 best windows firewall software. Here you need to know what a Firewall is and its requirement.
What is a Firewall and Why we need it?
Firewall as an allusion can be referred to as a physical fire barrier that protects from any damage. In technical terms, Firewall is treated as a virtual barrier that shields from internal or external cyberattack that may harm the computer. Firewall is a security system that checks unauthorized or unlicensed access to or from a private network.
In order to obstruct attack, the software package is installed in a PC to protect entire network from hackers.
Having a dedicated Firewall Software helps in mitigating the following circumstances:
- It will control applications & programs that might share your data, which are not authorized to collect or transfer your information.
- It will create a barrier between you and hackers so that they do not harm you or your system.
- It functions as a filtering machine that scans the data and sieves out the infectious data from entering into your computer.
Best Firewall Software For Windows 10 and Older Versions
Firewall Software monitors online activities and blocks all the potential intrusions and attacks. Finding the suitable one among plethora of products can be quite thwarting. So, we provide you with a list of the best firewall software you can install right away.’
GlassWire proactively protects from all the incoming and outcoming online attacks. The moment you install this firewall software windows it shields your operating system. Unlike other software, rather than bother users every single time anything comes up, GlassWire blocks it instantly.
- Discreet Alerts- Warns users about network related changes
- Monitor other PC’s on your network, and informs if any unknown devices connect to your Wi-Fi
- Tracks data usage
- Visual Network Monitoring- to identify past and present network activities through graphs
- Toolbox of network checks
- Wi-Fi Evil Twin Detection- get alert notifications when the app founds new Wi-Fi hardware nearby with same network name
- Lock Down Mode
- Features Mini Graph, so that you do not have to launch the app every time you want to observe system’s health
This Windows 10 Firewall comes with exciting number of features that are quite useful for users who are genuinely concerned about their safety and privacy. Totally a must-have app for your Windows PC.
The first software on our list has been around for ages, ZonelAlarm protects your PC from every sort of cyberattacks including identity theft, malware, viruses, phishing attacks, spyware, ransomware etc.
- Actually, a firewall with antivirus program
- Customizable Interface
- Scans both inbound & outbound connections
- Protects apps & other software from getting any infection
- Blocks unwanted traffic from entering into your network
- Free firewall software, Light as feather on system resources
- Provides daily credit monitoring, to provide victim recovery assistance (feature available in US only)
- Comes with Online backup, if any loss or accidental deletion happens
- Comes with multiple layers of securities:
– Public Network Protection
– Wireless Network Protection
– Real-Time Security Updates
Trusted by over 100 Million users worldwide, making ZoneAlarm the number one firewall software for windows 10.
The highly recommended firewall software for windows 10 users that will protect from almost every online threat. The software stealth your computer’s ports against hackers and blocks infectious programs that might transmit your precious data over the Internet.
- Displays no pop-up ads
- Powerful scanning option for both inbound & outbound connections
- Customizable options to alter protection from attacks
- Comes with Wi-Fi protection
- Real-Time alerts, if anything wrong comes up
- Instant firewall configuration, therefore great for beginners
- Comes with protection of host file
- Dedicated LAN controlling options
- Has whitelist, add websites which are safe to access
As the name suggests Tiny, the software also takes up about 1MB of space on your hard drive. The app integrates use of hotkeys, so if you just want to approve an app for access- simply press the hotkey combination & click on app’s windows.
Also Read: Top 6 Bitcoin Mining Software for Windows
4. Comodo Firewall
Talking about best free windows firewall and missing Comodo Firewall in the list will be truly unfair. The way the software allows users to easily add programs to blocklist makes it all the easier-to-use application.
- Offers an AD Blocker
- Custom DNS Servers
- Features virtual Kiosk, to easily block any program from entering or leaving the network
- Also provides very specific & advanced settings for utmost ease
- Offers a Rating Scan option, that lets you identify how much a program or process is trustworthy
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8 and 7
- Has easy sandboxing to stop malware in its track
- Gives users ability to control permissions for different networks and programs
- Timely alerts about any suspicious files/folders or programs
Before getting started with this firewall software for windows 10, remember Comodo Firewall will change you default homepage and search engine. If want everything to be same at the first place, you have to deselect the option during the initial setup.
Install Comodo Firewall!
NetDefender is another best free firewall software with loads of features. The most basic of all the software, NetDefender feature simple options and settings that are easy and convenient to use.
- User-friendly and simple interface
- Perfect for novices
- No annoying pop-ups
- Not only blocks incoming traffic, but also block apps from connecting to the network
- Allows you to block FTP connections and other protocols used on the network
- Includes Port scanner
- Easy Setup
- Create/Edit/Delete rules, to allow or deny access to specified IP Address.
- Protects your PC against spoofing ARP and other forms of connection manipulation
This Windows 10 Firewall reveals all your system’s activity so that you can easily monitor what your computer is doing in the background. It also displays all the current and past servers your PC was connected to, so that you can examine what potential threats are and even block them if required.
OpenDNS is quite a robust windows 10 firewall. Comes with advanced security measures that keeps close eye on threats that try to sneak through social networking sites.
- Simple and Straightforward Interface
- Automatically blocks non-trusted content
- A lot of filtration options
- Excellent controlling options over Internet
- An easy way to change the way your router handles traffic
- Excellent control over how you want your Internet to behave
- Have 90 Million global users
- An award-winning firewall software windows
OpenDNS is an accurate protection against cyber-attacks. An all-in-one solution including Antivirus, Anti-theft, and much more.
An application that does it all, PeerBlock offers highest levels of security against all inbound and outbound threats. This free firewall software instantly blocks communication with threatful advertisements, spywares etc.
- Defends against unwanted traffic from user-specific IP Addresses
- Light on system resources
- Easy to set up, just at the time of installation it asks about the website, programs and ports you want to block
- Best for people who shares lots of files & documents on daily basis
- You can make your own blocklist
- You can also view and clear history, logs and other notifications for effective running
- Great platform for those who are not very much familiar with computers, as it does not require advanced knowledge to use it.
PeerBlock gives you peace from every virtual danger. Unlike other firewall software for windows 10 mentioned in the list, PeerBlock starts working as soon as installed.
8. Outpost Firewall Pro
Outpost Firewall is fairly decent software, which lets you control who your PC talks to on the Internet. The firewall works to add multiple layers of security to your computer without affecting PC’s performance.
- Simple yet effective interface
- Comes with System & App Guard
- Comes with File/Folder Locker
- Program Activity Tracker, to review system modification in real-time to know which app misbehaves
- Set restrictions on programs you install, to customize the security level
- Comes with four customizable security layers
- Not very heavy on system resources, just 16.63 MB file size
- Ensures wired & wireless networks are secured against eavesdropping
This windows firewall program provides all the components needed to secure, protect, monitor connections, adjust security level and control system status according to the user’s needs and requirements.
Download Outpost Firewall Pro!
9. Evorim Free Firewall
Evorim Free Firewall software is another simple yet effective tool to fight against every type of danger that your PC might face. This full-features professional firewall has gained millions of followers in the years and set its position in top 10 best free windows firewall software.
- Helps in regulating Internet traffic
- Access Notification, you’ll get instant message if any non-regulated program accesses your Internet
- Paranoid Mode, if switched to this mode no software would be able to access on network without your prior consent
- Credulous Mode, if you are someone who has no fear of leaking their privacy
- Cooperative Mode, if you want to operate this firewall In parallel with other firewalls, for value added features
- Touch friendly, UI is optimized for touch sensitive device
- Prevent Telemetry
- Detects Viruses/Malware/Spyware and other threats
This specialized third-party security solution allows you to control the access to & from the PC. Therefore, full protection for your System.
Install Evorim Free Firewall!
10. AVS Firewall
Last on our list but not in our consideration, AVS Firewall not only protects from internal and external connections. But it also shields after all the infectious registry changes, flash banners, pop-up windows and malicious advertisements.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Features Parent Control, that allow you to block explicit list of websites
- Blocks unwanted AD banners
- Compatible with Windows 8,7, Vista and XP
- Also features ‘AVS Registry Cleaner’ to download, at the time of setup
- System requirements aren’t very high, even gets compatible with older PCs
- Free firewall software & Light as feather on system resources
- Control Internet traffic, when you have limited Internet access
Allowing and disallowing of IP Addresses, programs couldn’t be easier than ever before. The software features a list containing malicious IP Addresses, ports and programs which can be harmful for your PC. Either you can browse through the list and block/unblock accordingly, or you can search for the URL and add in the list.
Install AVS Firewall!
Frequently Asked Questions: Basics You Should Know About Firewall Security!
1. How Does Firewall Protect Systems From Bad Guys?
At their most basic, Firewall programs work like a filter between your PC/Network and the Internet. A Firewall simply examines the electronic data coming in our out of a network & compares it to the predefined rules it has been allotted. If the data matches the set of rules, it allows passing. If it doesn’t, it gets blocked. A sophisticated firewall is capable of blocking suspicious addresses, malicious sites & prevents unauthorized access.
2. Can Firewall Be Hacked?
Though the case is rarest of all, cyber criminals can bypass the Firewall if it’s not properly tuned. A misconfigured or inappropriately maintained firewall can easily be hacked & compromise your system. For example: If your PC has vulnerabilities in the form of apps and programs, cyber criminals can enter into your system. All they are required to do is convince you to click on a conceded link or visit an infected website.
3. What Makes A Firewall An Ideal Software To Protect A Private Network?
Basically, a good Firewall software keeps your computer safe from prying eyes. But that’s not enough;there are certain other functionalities that an ideal Firewall Software should possess:
Choose a reliable Firewall solution that is up-to-date & able to deal with emerging tactics used by hackers.
- Offers Full Control Overs Each Program
An effective Firewall Software should be able to apply policies to individual users that allows & blocks particular apps based on needs, without compromising security.
- Real-Time Updates & Reporting
An ideal Firewall Solution is the one that gives real-time alerts on any attacks in progress. This would help users to react to the scenario more effectively & take necessary actions.
- Streamlined Security Infrastructure
A reliable Firewall program should have the essential security infrastructure components, including Anti-Virus Protection, Spam Filtering, Deep Packet Inspection & App Filtering.
Last but not least, cost is a factor to consider when choosing the right Firewall software. It should not only fit your budget but also balance the investment against the potential cost of doing nothing.
With malicious attacks being the major cause of data breaches these days, the value of the Firewall Program is obvious. The estimated cost of a data breach is $150 per record stolen, FYI!
Though Firewall software are the first line of defense against all online threats. Even they come with capabilities that your Antivirus may miss.
But remember that these firewall programs cannot be taken as an ultimate solution for your protection. As users have to remain very careful while browsing Internet and also follow good security habits to not fall in the vicious loop of cyberattacks.
Which is the best Free Antivirus Program for my Windows computer? This is the most common question that my customers ask. A reliable antivirus program is vital to the good status and security of our computer. You can find many antivirus programs in the market, but which is the most reliable for your computer?
Before you continue reading below, I must tell you that no antivirus program can protect us 100% if we ourselves, out of ignorance or carelessness, visit infected websites, open malicious incoming emails – usually from unknown senders – or install infected programs on our computer. I suggest you read this article on how you can keep your computer fast and safe.
My proposal for your protection: Use one of the Free Antivirus programs mentioned below combined with these free cleaning programs:
AdwCleaner: This is a tool that deletes Adware/Toolbar/PUP/Hijacker. It works with a Search and a Deletion Mode.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware: A reliable removal tool for malicious threats. How to install and clean your computer with Malwarebytes.
Top Free Antivirus Programs for Windows 10/8/7 Personal Computers.
Windows Defender & Microsoft Security Essentials.
The Windows Defender Antivirus program on Windows 10/8/8.1 (previously known as Microsoft's Security Essentials on Windows 7 OS), is one of the most powerful free antivirus programs today. The Defender antivirus protects your Windows 10 PC from viruses and spyware programs in real-time, is auto updated regularly and it doesn't slow down your PC.
The Windows Defender (aka: Windows Security in Windows 10), is enabled by default in Windows 10/8/8.1, unless your system comes bundled with another antivirus suite (commonly a TRIAL version), from the computer manufacturer. In that case Windows Defender is disabled and you have to uninstall the third-party antivirus in order to enable and use Windows 10 antivirus as your main antivirus. *
* Note: If you own Windows 7, or Vista OS, you can download Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) from here: Download MSE
AVG Antivirus Free is the only comprehensive free antivirus suite on the market these days. The free version of AVG perpetually protects your PC from viruses and malware attacks. AVG Antivirus Free, additionally contains some additional safety features like internet protection, Email protection and Firewall protection in real time.
- The AVG's link Scanner continually protects you from malicious websites that host malicious code.
- The AVG’s Email Scanning engine protects you from emails that contain malicious attachments and therefore the Firewall engine protects you from hackers and alternative suspicious attacks.
- The AVG's Firewall can protect you from malicious attacks.
Apart from these options, with AVG, you'll be able to perform scheduled scans on your PC during non operating hours and you ‘re continually updated with the most recent virus definitions.
Overall, AVG Free is a smart protection and full featured program, easy to put in and manage.
Download AVG Free Antivirus
Avira Free Antivirusis a another nice option to defend your system from malware, viruses and rootkits. Avira Free Antivirus contains a robust scan engine that protects you from threats and has nice detection and removal results from separated labs. The program’s interface additionally includes a ton of configuration choices, like custom scan exceptions, scheduler, reports, etc.
Avira Free Antivirus is a robust antivirus answer in the last years, however it doesn’t contain some further safety features like Web or Email protections. * (The only choice for Internet protection is to install the Avira Browser Safety toolbar that is out there for Firefox & Chrome browsers).
Overall, Avira Free Antivirus could be a superb alternative for your protection. The program lacks further safety features, (like Email or Firewall protection) however it's a good choice to protect your computer for free.
* Note: Email and internet guard protection is enclosed by default in Avira Antivirus Professional version.
Download Avira Free Antivirus
BitDefender Free Antivirus, offers a powerful antivirus protection in real time and stops malicious programs and rootkits before compromising your system. Program's interface is very minimal (only has options to toggle "Virus Shield" and "Auto Scan") and lacks options that paid antivirus products include like Web, Email or Firewall protection.
BitDefender Free Antivirus, is simple to be installed and managed, works mutely on the background, doesn't waste many system resources and has great scanning and removal results for different security testing labs.
That's it! Which free Antivirus do you think is the best for you?
Full household PC Protection - Protect up to 3 PCs with NEW Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium!
7 Best Firewall For Windows 10/8/7 PC And Mac Free Download
7 Best Firewall Software Free Download for Windows 
7 Best Free Firewall for Windows 10/8/7 PC And Mac. As you read the information about data breaches, you’ve probably wondered a lot about whether your computer is secure enough.
According to the Gemalto report, 3.3 billion data records were hacked in the first half of 2018 (excluding the violation of the Indian government’s Aadhar ID). As of 2013, 4,226 data records are lost or stolen every minute.
Windows has seen its fair share of data breaches over the past few decades. It is the most widely used operating system in the world. About 87% of desktops/laptops in the world use the Windows operating system. Due to its popularity, most viruses and malicious code are written for Windows.
Microsoft was not interested in security threats at first. Finally, they introduced a strong firewall and made additional changes to the security features of Windows XP Service Pack 2, which was released in 2008.
You can also, like Windows 10 Activator
What is the 7 Best Firewall?
A firewall is a program used to improve the security of your computer. This tool prevents an unauthorized source from accessing your computer. It also filters network traffic and protects your computer against DoS (Denial of Service Attack) and DDoS (Distributed DoS) attacks.
A firewall is simply a “wall of code” that checks incoming and outgoing data packets. Please note that a firewall cannot be used as a substitute for an antivirus.
Before installing and using the firewall software mentioned below, you should turn off Windows Defender Firewall as running two firewalls can lead to complications. Here is free firewall software for Windows PC that you can check out.
1. Comodo Firewall
Comodo Firewall is part of the Comodo Internet Security Group – Comodo Internet Security. This firewall is considered to be one of the best firewalls for Windows 10 or any other version. It is a third-party program for PC.
Comodo Firewall offers interesting features such as ad-blocking, dedicated DNS servers, and virtual internet browsing (physically or logically isolates browsing from your computer’s operating system).
You can add programs to the block list and remove them very easily. Some of the other features include a host-based intrusion prevention system, application sandbox, website filtering, and more.
Despite all the features that Comodo has to offer, this firewall is foolproof and can be easily used by beginners. However, remember that this firewall will not protect your computer from exploit attacks.
Comodo Firewall is free, but you can upgrade to the paid version: CIS Pro for better protection. This software is compatible with Windows 7 and later versions. You can download Comodo Firewall from the given link below.
You might also like Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
2. ZONEALARM Pro Firewall
Zone Labs was developed by ZoneAlarm and was acquired by CheckPoint Software Technologies LTD in 2004. This firewall is part of ZoneAlarm’s Internet Security Services group. It is a free software package, which means that it offers both free and paid software.
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall manages and monitors all incoming and outgoing data packets. You can easily configure the security mode for different networks from the settings. This software also prevents identity theft by protecting your data from malicious access.
All firewall functions can be easily customized and configured. Well, this best Windows firewall can protect your computer when connecting to unsecured networks and send real-time security updates to your computer.
A free version is a great option for simple protection. But if you are looking for additional features, you can check out the ZoneAlarm Pro firewall. This program is compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10. You can download the free version from this link.
Developed by Karoly Pados, TinyWall is a “free, lightweight and non-intrusive firewall”. This program strengthens the built-in Windows Firewall and makes it better and more secure with an easy-to-use user interface to change settings.
It is free software and considered to be one of the best third-party firewall software for Windows. You can easily add or remove apps from the block list and block your internet access. TinyWall takes up approximately 1MB of hard drive space.
You can activate the machine learning model to learn which programs have Internet access. It also offers multiple firewall modes, password protection, etc. TinyWall is one of the best firewalls for Windows PC.
If you want a free and powerful firewall that doesn’t take up a lot of space on your hard drive, this is the one for you. This program is compatible with Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10. You can download TinyWall from this link.
You can also like Adobe Photoshop CC
GlassWire offers the most aesthetic user interface on this list. SecureMix LLC develops this utility. It displays great graphics to provide more information about network activity and security.
Although you need basic network and security knowledge to interpret these diagrams and graphs, it detects malicious applications, spyware, and malware and prevents them from accessing the internet.
GlassWire also monitors incoming and outgoing data packets through your network and sends real-time updates to your computer. You can easily lock or unlock apps to improve security. It can also be used to control bandwidth and protect your computer from identity theft.
You can get the tool for free, but it hardly offers any useful features. You can download the Basic, Pro, or Elite edition for additional features. You can download the free GlassWire firewall from this link.
You might also like Kaspersky Total Security
PeerBlock is the free program and successor to PeerGuardian. It is a program that prevents specific malicious IP addresses from reaching your computer. It contains a list of harmful IP addresses, for example, governments, businesses, and those that are reported for anti-p2p activity.
It doesn’t provide us with a lot of features, but it does its job of effectively blocking IP addresses. It can block advertisements, spyware, and other content. It allows your users to create a list of IP addresses that they want to block.
If you rely on torrents for all of your downloads and share data on peer-to-peer networks, this tool is for you. This software is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10. You can download PeerBlock from this link.
You might also like Avast Internet Security
It is a complete professional firewall. It works best in conjunction with the built-in Windows Firewall. Evrim protects your computer from external and internal threats. Monitors incoming and outgoing data packets and sends real-time notifications to the user.
Prevents malware from accessing the Internet and preventing viruses and worms from spreading over the network. Evorim also protects your data from external access, thus preventing a data breach. It provides a monitoring mode, where applications on the computer cannot access the internet without permission.
Evorim Firewall provides an excellent user interface with incredible ease of use. This program is available for Windows 7, 8, and 10. You can download Evorim Free Firewall from this link.
You might also like ByteFence License Key
7. FIREWALL APP BLOCK
Firewall App Blocker is a free program developed by Sordum.org. It has an easy-to-use and somewhat traditional user interface. This program is used to block or unblock applications, block them or allow them to access the Internet. The simple user interface and convenient navigation are why it’s on our list of the best firewalls for Windows 10/8/7 PCs.
All you need to do to block an application in this program is drag and drop the exe files. You can also lock an application using the Browse button and select it. It also has a whitelist mode, which will block all apps except whitelisted ones.
The firewall app blocker doesn’t offer a lot of features. If you are looking for a relatively light and easy-to-use firewall program, you can use this tool. Download the firewall app blocker from this link.
You may also like 360 Total Security
Conclusion Of 7 Best Firewall:
- Well, that was it for the best firewall for Windows 10 or 8 / 8.1 / 7 PCs. If functionality and protection are your priority, you should use Comodo or ZoneAlarm firewall.
- If you want an app that does its job and takes up less space on your hard drive, you should check out TinyWall or Evorim Free Firewall. Firewalls can only be used for primary protection.
- All internet users are advised to browse and download with the utmost care. Good navigation!
7 Best Firewall FAQs:
The most frequently asked questions about firewalls are listed below.
Q # 1) What is a firewall?
Answer: A shield or barrier that protects a private network from unauthorized access and a firewall protect devices connected to the Internet or to another network, such as a local area network (LAN).
The purpose of installing a firewall on a computer, phone, or tablet is to protect users from data-based malware threats over the Internet or other connected networks.
In cyberspace, data is transferred between your computer and servers, and routers. This data, which is transported in packets, is monitored by a firewall to identify and block any unwanted traffic.
The firewall accomplishes this by examining the data packets against the rules that have been defined. If the data packets comply with these rules, the firewalls will accept them. If they don’t follow the rules, the firewall rejects or blocks them.
Today, firewalls help protect computers and other connected devices around the world, whether they are for individual users, large corporations, or the government.
Q # 2) How does a firewall work?
Answer: Simply put, firewalls work by monitoring traffic to accept or allow “good data” while rejecting or blocking “bad or harmful data”. However, if we dive into the details, the firewall will use one of three methods or combinations to control the traffic coming in and out of the network.
7 Best Firewall for Windows 10/8/7 PC (Free) 2021 From The Given Link Below:
Best 10 free firewall of 2019 for Windows 10,8,7
According to the AV-Test Security Report 2018/2019, Windows is considered the most sensitive operating system and profoundly affected by external attacks and online intrusion. For this reason, a built-in hardware firewall and software firewall plays a vital role in the protection of the system if it is connected with a WiFi router.
But, in many cases, these built-in firewalls are not capable of protecting the system from all types of cyber threats and attacks. This creates the requirement of additional software which can help to resolve the issue as no system is capable of prohibiting the intrusion of malware, viruses, etc., with its inbuilt software or hardware when connected with a router.
Antivirus software and external firewall software are the best solutions for keeping the protected from any online threat. The best part of such software is that it comes entirely for free and can be installed on the system without creating an issue. Let us take a look on the list of top firewall software which will help you to keep your computer virus and malware free.
With the development of technology and network system, there come numerous risks for the security of the Windows PC. One needs to protect the computer from online threat and invention of viruses, trojans, rootkits, etc., to protect himself from being a victim of hackers and cybercrime. For protection from such an attack, there are several Windows firewall software which provides a security barrier from all these attacks and security issues. In this article, we will discuss the top ten firewall software for Windows, which helps you in every manner of security and protection.
Best 10 free firewall of 2019
GlassWire is one of the most prominent firewall software from the protection of online security problems. It renders high-quality protection to the operating system from incoming and outgoing online attacks. It starts working immediately after installation on the PC. Also, it works very efficiently without showing any other or harmful effects. The best part of this firewall software is that it works internet-connected Windows PC. It blocks all the harmful components entering the PC instantly.
Features of GlassWire:
- It gives the complete details about the data usage and incoming and outgoing files.
- It optimizes the system regularly for the selection of the viruses, malware, and trojans.
- It sends notifications about network related changes and specifications.
- It checks the WiFi connection of the PC and confirms any security warning.
- It gives alerts if any unauthorized device gets connected to the WiFi of your network.
- It tracks the data usage and pushes notification about it.
- You can check the data usage of all the applications and software present on the PC.
- It is featured with Visual Network Monitoring for the identification of network activities with the help of a bar and chart.
- It also offers the service of WiFi Evil Twin Detection, which plays a vital role in the protection from cyber attacks.
- It enables the user to put the PC in Lock Down Mode.
- It represents the data with Mini Graph, which is active all the time. So, you need not launch the software frequently to check the system and its functionality.
ZoneAlarm is a must-have application for all the versions of Windows PC to protect it from the invasion of viruses, identity theft, malware, phishing attacks, ransomware, spyware and other such things. It is the oldest software for the protection of the PC which is working correctly and efficiently. It offers many features that are required to keep the PC healthy and to work without any hassle.
Features of ZoneAlarm:
- This firewall software is specialized with an antivirus program that works for blocking the path of cyber attacks.
- It has a simple and interactive interface that can be easily customized as per the preference of the user.
- It not only protects the system but also optimizes and renders protection to every application and software of the system.
- It protects from the network related issues by scanning the inbound and outbound connections of the PC.
- It is free and lightweight software poultry used for blocking the unauthorized and unwanted traffic being connected to the network.
- It also assists the victims of cyber attacks and helps them to sort the problem.
- It is featured with online backup, public network protection, wireless network protection, and real-time security updates.
TinyWall is another versatile firewall software for the users of Windows 10 PC. It provides all the security options for the protection from problems causing online. It protects the system from all threat of hackers and infectious programs and safeguards all the precious data and information on the PC. Moreover, it also serves the network system and provides information about all the connected devices to the network.
Features of TinyWall:
- It has an hassle-free interface without any pop-ups and ads.
- You can easily modify and personalize its settings for the protection from cyber attacks.
- It scans the inbound and outbound connections and renders essential security.
- It offers WiFi protection and real-time alerts about any invasion.
- It is effortless to operate and use.
- It is an ideal software both for professional and newbie.
- It is featured with instant firewall configuration and protection of the host files.
- It also offers customizable options for controlling LAN.
- It consists of both blacklist and whitelist for blocking and adding harmful and safe websites, respectively.
- It is a very lightweight software and takes only 1 MB of space of the hard drive.
- There are hotkeys available for the usage of this software. It is beneficial in easy and quick access to its services and options.
Also Read: Hacking apps Android
4. Comodo Firewall
Comodo Firewall is a must-have application for the protection from online threats. It gives a strong physic barrier to block the entrance of harmful components like viruses, malware, spyware, etc. It is a well-structured firewall software that helps the user to add up programs for blocking the dangerous website and renders protection from cyber attacks. It is a very easy to use program which can be easily installed on any version of Windows PC and works efficiently for all types of network related issues.
Features of Comodo Firewall:
- It allows and blocks an application to connect with the internet.
- It is helpful in the management of the network’s visibility to other devices.
- It renders customizable options to manage and set up network connections.
- It is featured with an Ad blocker and custom DNS servers.
- It is capable of blocking any program entering and leaving the network.
- It is compatible with Windows 10, 8 and 7.
- It consists of secure sandboxing options.
- It pushes notifications taking all the suspicious files and programs.
- It optimizes and scans the system regularly for security checking.
You can’t miss the name of NetDefender while talking about the free and useful firewall software. It consists of multiple features and is helpful in the maintenance of the basic security demands of Windows PC. Its features are simple to use and are very efficient to protect the lifeline of the device. Moreover, it has a simple and intuitive interface that make it convenient to be used.
Features of NetDefender:
- It is perfectly designed to be used by beginners.
- It has a simple and interactive interface.
- It is a hassle free software without any inclusion of pop-ups and ads.
- You can easily customize the connection and disconnection of the apps with the network.
- It enables the user to block the FTP connections, protocols, and devices connected to the system’s network.
- It renders customizable options to manage the IP address.
- It provides security against spoofing ARP and other connection manipulation.
OpenDNS is another Windows 10 firewall software with numerous features available to be used for advanced protection of the PC. It seizes the intruders which make social media sites as the source. It is highly effective for excellent and full-scale protection against the cyber-attacks. All its advanced features make it a reliable software and is currently used by more than 90 million users from all over the globe.
Features of OpenDNS:
- It has a simple, interactive and user-friendly interface.
- It is featured with non-intrusive security services and filtration options.
- It optimizes the illegal and non-trusted content and blocks them.
- It is a flexible software with several advanced controlling options.
- It helps change the workability of the router to handle the traffic.
- It has incredible network security settings that can be easily managed and maintained.
If you are looking for a highly advanced and top-level firewall security system, then go for PeerBlock for your Windows PC. It is capable of protecting the PC from all kinds of inbound and outbound attacks and online threats. It is well-designed and embedded with high-level programs and blocks all the dangerous and non-trusted elements instantly based upon the intruding activities. You can use this software for the protection from spyware, ransomware, ads, etc.
Features of PeerBlock:
- It is useful and lightweight software.
- It serves the network from unwanted traffic from other IP addresses.
- It can easily installed and set up on a Windows PC.
- This software checks the incoming and outgoing files correctly and blocks the damaged and dangerous files immediately.
- It allows its, users, to make their block list.
- It enables the user to view and clear logs and history to make the computer run smoothly.
- It is effortless to use and perfect for non-technical people.
- It protects and secured the Windows PC and personal information from all kinds of virtual danger.
8. Outpost Firewall Pro
Outpost Firewall Pro is a powerful firewall software which is helpful in the maintenance of the PC performance. It renders multiple-layered security and secured the device from online attacks. It is highly popular among users because of its capability to protect the equipment. Moreover, it does not affect the other functionality and system of the PC.
Features of Outpost Firewall PC:
- It has a simple and intuitive interface with the system and app guard.
- It is a multilingual software with a file/ folder locker.
- It is featured with program activity tracker and customizable security layers.
- It gives security to wired and wireless networks against eavesdropping.
- It puts restrictions on every incoming file and app downloaded from unknown sources.
9. Evorim Free Firewall
Evorim Free Firewall is a simple and straightforward firewall tool that one can use for protecting the Windows PC from online danger and threats. It is a prevalent software used by professionals and millions of other users from all around the world.
Features of Evorim Free Firewall:
- It is featured with paranoid mode, credulous mode and cooperative mode.
- It has a simple and interactive interface which is optimized for the touch sensitive device.
- It is a multilingual software which is helpful in the Maintainance and regulation of internet traffic.
- It detects viruses, malware, spyware, ransomware, and other threats and pushed the notifications to the user.
- It does not require any third-party software or program to run and regulate the functions.
10. AVS Firewall
Here comes the last firewall software of the list which is built to give reliable and robust protection to internal and external connections. It not only blocks the entry of viruses, spyware, malware, and ransomware but also prohibits the infectious registry changes, flash banners, pop-up windows, and ads. Apart from all these, it is highly considered for other underlying security of apps and network systems as well.
Features of AVS Firewall:
- It has a simple and intuitive interface that can be easily used by even newbies.
- Parent control and AVS Registry Cleaner features it.
- It enables the user to gain the smooth and fast state of the system.
- It is lightweight and free to use.
- It allows the user to control the traffic and limit internet access.
- The software is compatible with Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP.
Pro tips: Recover Permanently Deleted Files For Free In Windows 7, 8 and 10, you can choose Jihosoft File Recovery.
So, you have read about various programs which are helpful in the maintenance of IP address and network system for the security of the Windows PC. You can use any one of these listed software as per your preference. It will not create any harmful effect or issue for your PC. For any other details or queries, write to us through the comment section.
Last updated on
As we grow more and more entwined with the internet for our daily life tasks, we stand exposed to many threats. Some of the threats are known, and some are unknown. In such cases, the best firewall software is highly recommended. So, time to know all about the best free firewall for Windows 10that protects and safeguards your system.
A firewall is designed to protect your computer or laptop from unauthorized access. Disallowing unregistered users to use a private network also helps in securing the operating system from malware and phishing attacks.
12 Best Free Firewall Software For Windows 10
A private network is also known as an intranet. A firewall checks all the messages in the network traffic entering or leaving an intranet and blocks those that do not meet the security standards. Without further ado, let’s have a look at the 12 best free firewall software for safeguarding your operating system.
1. Comodo Free Firewall
If you are looking for a hassle-free and enhanced online experience, the Comodo Free Firewall software is worth looking into. It manages all the incoming and outgoing traffic of your PC and blocks all the attacks that your computer might be vulnerable to. There are no complicated configurations, so anyone can install and use it.
- The user interface is quick and simple, and it takes no time to get used to it.
The Comodo Free Firewall has Default Deny Protection that makes sure only safe applications are executed on your PC.
- It stops viruses and malware in real-time so that it’s never late to prevent your PC from any kind of attack.
- There are Personalized Alerts, which means it knows which software is allowed to operate and changes its alerts accordingly.
- The Game Mode feature suppresses operations that could interfere with your gaming, such as alerts, virus database updates or, scheduled scans.
- There is also an Application Controlfeature that gives you the ability to lock down your PC and execute only approved applications.
- It also notifies you immediately where there is a new update.
Hands down, the Comodo Free Firewall is probably the best free firewall for Windows 10 you will ever come across.
Get Comodo Firewall
PeerBlock is a free, open-source firewall software that blocks incoming and outgoing traffic that is included on blacklists accessible over the internet. When you install this free firewall, it asks you to select the types of websites you want PeerBlock to block; spyware or adware.
- The firewall primarily uses block lists provided by iblocklist.com.
- It prevents blacklisted IP peers in a torrent download from verifying your peer download connection.
- PeerBlock does a great job of protecting you while you download torrents.
- The Firewall updates its blocklists regularly to keep vulnerable IP addresses away from your system.
- It concentrates on a single job without using much system resources and time.
- PeerBlock is regarded as the best free firewall for Windows 10 for downloading torrents from the internet.
Get PeerBlock Firewall
3. ZoneAlarm Free Firewall
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall is an incredibly useful solution for your PC protection. It is available for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP. One can block all unwanted files and external exploits and effectively controls incoming and outgoing traffic. When you install ZoneAlarm, it gives you two options to select from Auto-Learnand Max Security. Auto-Learn adjusts changes as per your behavior on your PC, and Max Security lets you control every single setting manually.
- The firewall for Windows 10 locks the host’s file to prevent any malicious changes in your system.
- It has a Game Mode where all notifications are blocked while playing.
- ZoneAlarm gives you the liberty of setting the security mode for public and private networks.
- It is a strong shield against hackers and other threats that make your system vulnerable.
- The special feature called Stealth Mode is where you can make yourself invisible to hackers.
All in all, it guards your sensitive and personal data against hackers by providing you with an identity protection service.
Get ZoneAlarm Firewall
4. AVS Firewall
If you are looking for a simple internet surfing experience, then AVS Firewall will work very well for you. AVS Firewall is one of the best free firewalls that identifies all the applications and programs that are trying to connect to your system and alerts you about any suspicious activity.
- It lets you control your PC traffic and remove any annoying pop-ups and ads while you are surfing the internet.
- It protects, secures, and monitors your connections.
- You can select the best-suited security level from the different levels available.
- You can customize the URLs that you want to block for ads and banners if it is not already included in your list.
- AVS Firewall has a Parent Control feature, which can also be password protected for additional security.
If you are looking for a firewall with simple functions and features, this is the best firewall for Windows 10 to go with.
Get AVS Firewall
NetDefender is the best free firewall for Windows 10. It is an open-source firewall that can be downloaded with firewall executables. You can define a source, destination IP address, port number along with protocol to block any address on your operating system.
- It has a port number scanner to inform you of the open ports so that you can choose to close them.
- The firewall has all the basic settings expected from a simple free firewall.
- You must have admin rights to run this program on your computer.
- NetDefender prevents intruders from accessing your network without permission.
If you are a beginner getting introduced to the firewalls for the first time, this is the perfect fit.
Get NetDefender Firewall
TinyWall is a firewall for Windows10 that makes sure you are not disturbed by pop-ups or notifications, unlike other software. It blocks many viruses, worms, and trojans to protect your computer from any kind of risk.
- Known to be a very agile firewall software
- Easy to use, free, and lightweight.
- It is well-designed, as you don’t need to know about protocols, ports, and application details to install and run it correctly.
- The firewall automatically modifies the settings as required to protect your system from malicious programs.
- There are various ways to whitelist programs, plus it has an automatic learning mode.
- You can password protect the settings to prevent any unauthorized access.
- The firewall contains no fees, no ads, and no paid upgrades.
- It does not install drivers or other Kernel components.
If you are a newbie to the concept of firewalls, it is the best free firewall for Windows 10 to try out.
Get TinyWall Firewall
OpenDNS provides you with multiple services which include firewall protection also. You have to change your router’s settings to use the firewall service.
- OpenDNS is easy to use, versatile, and well-known multi-faceted software
- It provides protection to the private and business information stored on all the devices that are connected to your network.
- In its Home network version, OpenDNS automatically blocks unknown files.
- It provides content filtering options, thereby preventing any content or identity theft.
- You can also prevent your kids from accessing unwanted or violent websites.
- Detailed setup guide for the installation process for every kind of device.
Apart from being the best free firewall for Windows 10 in terms of home security, OpenDNS also offers a trustworthy server that you should check out.
As a firewall, Privatefirewall is a multi-layer security tool with tons of features to protect your computer. Malicious programs and hacking techniques are widespread, and it is difficult to fight them with conventional tools. Privatefirewall comes to the rescue in such cases.
- Privatefirewall has some new defense solutions for Windows users.
- It is free to use and comes with no third-party programs, toolbars, ads, or any add-ons.
- Advanced Packet filtering, Process Detection, Anti-logger Module, and Intelligent Tray Alerts
- With Stealth Mode, it is regarded as the best free firewall for Windows 10 available.
- You can use it to stop outbound email, block particular IPs, or disable access to custom websites.
- The user interface is quite complicated, but you can take help from the guide available.
- One can separately specify for internet access and network security like sharing of file and printer etc.
- You can set different security levels of High, Low, or Custom for the internet and the network.
The settings and sorting through them is time-consuming, but it will get the job done thoroughly.
R-Firewall software is the best free firewall for Windows 10 which comes with an image blocker feature that helps you remove ads that are of a specific size. This has a content blocker that prohibits browsing by keywords.
- It has an ad-blocker option that can block ads by URL.
- R-Firewall is developed by R-tools technology.
- It is effective and prevents your computer from online dangers.
- Whether it is a trojan, spyware, or any other threat, R-Firewall can protect your computer from all possible risks.
- R-Firewall has an automatic configuration during setup, which allows you to surf the internet without any danger right after installation.
However, the interface is complicated and doesn’t come with online instructions.
10. Ashampoo FireWall
Ashampoo Firewall is a popular and best firewall software for Windows 10. During installation, you have two options to select from, Easy Mode and Expert Mode. When a program requests access to the internet, and you manually allow it, the firewall will remember your choice in the future.
- The program also has a Learning Mode, which is very useful.
- Ashampoo Firewall also comes with a Block All feature that stops all incoming and outgoing connections immediately with just a click.
- This is useful when you notice an attack on your system and want to stop your files from getting transferred immediately.
Get Ashampoo Firewall
Glasswire is a network monitoring tool, and it allows you to block incoming and outgoing traffic. With this program, you can see all the network activity and get to know what is going on in the background of your computer.
- Glasswire shows you threats and risks on the past and current servers.
- It categorizes threats in a graphical format with categories like traffic type, application, and geo-location.
- You can immediately block any threat before they attack your system.
- The Windows Defender is quite reliable for blocking threats.
It is perfect as a monitoring tool and not an advanced firewall software. If you are looking for a trustworthy firewall, GlassWire is the best free firewall for Windows 10.
Get Glasswire Firewall
12. Windows Firewall
The name says it all! Windows comes with an inbuilt firewall feature, which you can find by going to Control panel > System Security > Windows Firewall. The program has passed all stealth and open-port inbound tests.
- Windows Firewall helps you prevent hacking or any malicious attacks on your computer.
- It blocks the applications that are not on the list of allowed apps.
- Users can allow apps and programs to communicate through Windows 10 firewall for security
- No external hardware or software is required to use this firewall
- It offers the best integration with the Windows operating systems
This Windows defender may not fulfill all the requirements of a full-fledged firewall, but it’s quite useful, and therefore makes it to our list of best free firewalls for Windows 10.
This list of the best free firewalls for Windows 10 protects your PC. Apart from various anti-malware tools and antivirus programs, a firewall is a must-have to make your computer safe from malicious attacks. Although it cannot protect your computer alone, when paired with good antivirus software, it will make your computer almost impregnable.
A firewall protects you from malicious attacks and threats. You do not necessarily need a firewall if you are using Windows since it already comes with a built-in firewall.
If you still wish to have a different choice, Comodo Free Firewall is regarded as the best free firewall for Windows 10. AVS Firewall and TinyWall are popular and the best firewall software alternatives to go for. Finally, the users can select any firewall as per their choice.
What is a firewall?
A firewall is designed to protect your computer or laptop from unauthorized access. The firewall for Windows 10 acts as a protective shield and protects a private network from unauthorized access. Data is transferred between different devices in the form of packets, and these packets are monitored by firewalls for safety. Any packet found having suspicious files is blocked and discarded by the firewall.
How does a firewall work?
A firewall uses one or a combination of methods to protect a private network from harmful data. Packet filtering is the most basic form of firewall protection, in which suspicious packets are blocked from entering the firewall. A proxy server is an intermediary between the systems. It retrieves information from the internet and sends it to the requesting system. Stateful inspection keeps information attributes of each connection for the duration of the session in a database.
What are the different types of firewalls?
Application firewalls and Client-based firewalls are the two types of firewalls. Application firewalls are used for tracking the information traffic on that particular device. On the other hand, the appliance firewall is a hardware-based version of the firewall. It includes a device that is placed between a user’s network and an outside network such as the internet.
Can a firewall be hacked?
Although it’s very rare that a firewall can be hacked, one cannot deny the possibilities. The security of the system can be compromised if a firewall isn’t tuned properly.
What to look for in a firewall?
Here are some factors you should take into account before choosing the best free firewall for Windows 10 your computer system:
1. Protection and prevention from threats
2. Visibility and control of your applications
3. Streamline security infrastructure
4. Real-time alerts
5. Excellent customer support
Sarah HanksИсточник: [https://torrent-igruha.org/3551-portal.html]
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall 2019
Your Internet Explorer is out of date. For the best experience, please use an updated browser.
Protect your PC with the world’s best firewall solutionFree Download
Block unwanted traffic
Become invisible to hackers
Control program access to the internet
Guard your personal data
Free, Light and Powerful
Our personal firewall manages and monitors all incoming and outgoing traffic and shields you from hackers, malware and other online threats that put your privacy at risk.
ExcellentPC Mag, 2016
Multiple layers of advanced protection provides you with unsurpassed security
Public Network Protection
If you connect to an unsecure network, our wireless PC protection will shield you from hackers and online threats
Wireless Network Protection
Ensure you’re protected with our automatic wireless network security to ensure you have the highest firewall protection setting
Real-Time Security Updates
Get the quickest response to online threats with our real-time DefenseNet security updates that ensure you're always protected
For advanced Firewall features and even better protection, get ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall 2019.
- 32 or 64-bit, 2 GB RAM
- 2 GHz or faster processor
- 1.5GB of available hard-disk space
- Version 3.5 or later
- Note: If a supported Microsoft .NET Framework is not installed, it will be installed with ZoneAlarm 2019
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall 2019 is compatible with MS Windows Defender, and is also compatible with all other antivirus solutions.
Stay on Top of the Latest Security News
Trusted by nearly 100 Million users worldwide
7 Best Firewall for Windows 10/8/7 PC (FREE) 2021
Are you looking for the best firewall for Windows 10/8/7 PC? Well, if yes, then you are in the right place. Today I am going to share the top 7 free firewalls for Windows computer. Reading the news related to data breaches, you might have often wondered if your PC is adequately secured.
According to Gemalto’s report, 3.3 billion data records (excluding the Indian Government’s Aadhar ID breach) were breached in the first half of 2018. Since 2013, 4226 data records are lost or stolen every minute.
Windows OS has had its fair share of data breaches over the last few decades. It is the most used OS worldwide. Almost 87% of desktop/laptop worldwide use Windows OS. Due to its popularity, most viruses and malware codes are written for Windows.
Microsoft was not concerned about security threats in the early days. They finally introduced a robust firewall and made some additional security feature changes in Windows XP Service Pack 2 which was released in 2008. I have also shared best VPN app for PC named Psiphon.
Must Read: 7 Best Garageband alternatives for Windows
What is a Firewall?
A firewall is a software that is used to enhance the security of your PC. This tool prevents your computer from being accessed by an unauthorized source. It also filters the network traffic and protects your PC from DoS (Denial-of-service attack) and DDoS (Distributed DoS) attacks.
A firewall is just a “wall of code” which inspects the incoming and outgoing packets of data. Please note that the firewall cannot be used as a replacement of an antivirus.
Also, Check: Best PUBG Mobile Emulators
7 Best Firewall for Windows 10 PC
Before installing and using the firewall program listed below, you should disable the Windows Defender Firewall because running two firewalls can cause some complications. Here are some free Firewall for Windows PC you can check out.
1. Comodo Firewall
Comodo firewall is a part of Comodo Group’s internet security service suite- Comodo Internet Security. This firewall is considered as one of the best firewall for Windows 10 or any other versions. It is third-party software for PC.
Comodo Firewall offers some great features like advertisement blocking, custom DNS servers, virtual internet browsing (it physically or logically isolates the browsing from the computer’s OS).
You can add programs to the block list and also remove it with great ease. Some other features include a host-based intrusion prevention system, application sandboxing, website filtering and more.
Despite all the features Comodo offers, this firewall is foolproof and can be easily used by complete beginners. But remember that this firewall will not protect your PC from exploit attacks.
Comodo Firewall is free, but you can upgrade to it’s paid version- CIS Pro for better protection. This software is compatible with Windows 7 and higher version. You can download Comodo Firewall from below button.
2. ZoneAlarm Firewall
Zone Labs developed ZoneAlarm, and CheckPoint Software Technologies LTD acquired it in 2004. This firewall is a part of the ZoneAlarm internet security service suite. It is a freemium software suite, which means it offers both free and paid software.
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall manages and monitors all the incoming and outgoing packets of data. You can adjust the security mode of different networks from the setting with ease. This software also prevents identity theft by guarding your data from malicious access.
All the features of the firewall can easily be customized and configured. Well, this best firewall for Windows can protect your computer when connected to unsecured networks and send real-time security updates to your computer.
The free version is an excellent choice for simple protection. But if you are looking for some additional features, you can check out the ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall. This software is compatible with Windows 7, 8 and 10. You can download the free version from this link.
Developed by Karoly Pados, TinyWall is a “free, lightweight and non-intrusive firewall.” This software hardens the built-in Windows firewall and makes it better and more secure with a user-friendly UI to tweak the settings.
It is a freeware, and it is considered to be one of the best third-party firewall software for Windows OS. You can easily add or remove applications from the block list and prevent them from accessing the internet. TinyWall occupies about 1MB of your hard drive space.
You can enable automatic learning mode to make it learn the programs which can access the internet. It also offers multiple firewall modes, password protection and more. TinyWall is one of the best firewall for Windows computer.
If you want a powerful and free firewall which does not occupy a significant amount of your hard drive space, then this is the firewall for you. This software is compatible with Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10. You can download TinyWall from this link.
Must Check:Disable Microsoft compatibility telemetry in Windows 10
GlassWire offers the most aesthetically pleasing UI in this list. SecureMix LLC develops this utility tool. It renders beautifully made graphs to provide more insight into network activity and security.
Though you would require some basic knowledge about networking and security to interpret these charts and graphs, it detects malicious apps, spyware, malware and prevents them from accessing the internet.
GlassWire also monitors the incoming and outgoing packets of data over your network and sends real-time updates to your computer. You can easily block or unblock applications for enhanced security. It can also be used to monitor bandwidth and protect your computer from identity theft.
You can get your hands on the tool for free, but it barely offers a lot of useful features. You can download the Basic, Pro or Elite version for added features. You can download GlassWire free firewall from this link.
PeerBlock is a freeware and is a successor to PeerGuardian. It is a software which blocks specific malicious IP addresses from accessing your computer. It has a list of IP addresses which are considered malicious, for example, governments, corporate entities, and those flagged for anti-p2p activities.
It does not provide us with a lot of features, but it does its job of blocking IP’s effectively. You can prevent advertisements, spyware, and other content. It allows its users to can create a list of IP addresses they want to block.
If you rely on torrents for all your downloads and share data through peer-to-peer networking, then this is the tool for you. This software is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10. You can download PeerBlock from this link.
6. Evorim Free Firewall
It is a full-featured professional firewall. It works best alongside the Windows built-in firewall. Evorim protects the computer from external and internal threats. It monitors the incoming and outgoing packets of data and sends real-time notifications to the user.
It prevents malware from accessing the internet and viruses and worms from spreading on the network. Evorim also protects your data from external access, thus avoiding a data breach. It offers a monitoring mode, in which the applications on the PC cannot access the internet without authorization.
Evorim Firewall offers a great UI with incredible ease of use. This software is available for Windows 7, 8 and 10. You can download the Evorim Free Firewall from this link.
7. Firewall App Blocker
Firewall App Blocker is a freeware developed by Sordum.org. It has an easy-to-use, somewhat traditional looking UI. This software is used to block or unblock applications, to prevent or allow them to access the internet. Its simple UI and convenient navigation is why it is in our list of the best firewall for Windows 10/8/7 PC.
All you need to do to block an application in this software is to drag and drop the .exe files. You can also block an application by using the browse button and selecting it. It also has a WhiteList Mode- which will block every application except the ones on the white list.
The Firewall App Blocker does not offer a lot of features. If you are looking for relatively lightweight and user-friendly firewall software, then you can use this tool. Download the Firewall App Blocker from this link.
Well, that was all for the best firewall for Windows 10 or 8/8.1/7 PC. If functionality and protection is your priority, then you should use the Comodo or ZoneAlarm firewall.
If you want an application which does its job and occupies less space on your hard drive, then you should check out TinyWall or Evorim Free Firewall. Firewalls can only be used for preliminary protection.
And it is advised for all the internet users to surf and download with utmost care. Happy surfing!