actual publishing details may vary in this distribution, these are just the package defaults. Upstream connections. Sweethome3d ⇒ trunk. Sweet Home 3d. If you use the Mac App Store version, you should import 3D models in zip archives. For more information, please read the FAQ How can I. Sweet Home 3D lets you also import libraries of 3D models stored in SH3F files. A SH3F file groups some models with their description, and can.
3D models import
This page lists some sources of free 3D models that you may import in Sweet Home 3D,
either one by one or by group my sweet home 3d Archives models, and web sites that propose 3D models.
Free 3D models created by contributors
The free 3D models page proposes 1400 additional 3D models created by contributors and supported in the furniture import wizard of Sweet Home 3D.
Libraries of 3D models
Sweet Home 3D lets you also import libraries of 3D models stored in SH3F my sweet home 3d Archives. A SH3F file groups some models with their description, and can be easily installed by double-clicking on it or by choosing Furniture > Import furniture library menu item in Sweet Home 3D, my sweet home 3d Archives.
The following ZIP files contains a SH3F file you can import in Sweet Home 3D, my sweet home 3d Archives. These libraries contain the 3D models available at the free models page.
You might also be interested by the blog article Additional contributors librairies which lists other special libraries of 3D models designed by some Sweet Home 3D contributors (2D symbols, plumbing, roof parts,…).
Create your 3D models
To create your own my sweet home 3d Archives, you may use any software able to generate files in OBJ, DAE / Collada, KMZ or 3DS format, like Art of Illusion or Blender free software. If needed, you may also create your own SH3F files with the downloadable Furniture Library Editor.
If you want to propose your models in the free 3D models page, please post them in 3D Models Contributions Tracking System.
Other web sites with 3D models
The following sites offer also some free 3D models in OBJ, DAE, KMZ or 3DS formats supported by the furniture import wizard of Sweet Home 3D:
* Note that downloading models from Trimble 3D Warehouse requires to sign in with a Trimble ID as of the end of 2019. Pay also attention to dowload there 3D models in Collada or KMZ formats, available among the list of formats displayed after a click on the Download button on the page showing a 3D model. Models available in SKP/SketchUp format can be edited and converted to DAE/Collada my sweet home 3d Archives with SketchUp.
If Sweet Home 3D refuses to import some of the ZIP files proposed on these sites, please unzip them first.
Please respect the license of the models that you may download on these web sites.
Propose other sites or report a dead link
Last update: 01/10/2019
|© Copyright 2006-2021 eTeks - All rights reserved|
Sweet Home 3D Blog
On January 12, 2015, my sweet home 3d Archives, Sweet Home 3D facebook page reached 1000 likes. Thanks for your support!
1000Likes.sh3d (2.7 MB)
To celebrate this event, here are 60 new 3D models designed by Scopia and Blend Swap contributors, that should help you to better arrange and decorate your Sweet Home 3D projects. This update includes a few pieces of furniture, but also vehicles from stroller to cars, sport and exterior leisure equipment, fireplaces, plants and flowers, as well as a few animals. The following image shows the new models and I hope you'll find them useful.
Sweet Home 3D lets you use now more than 1000 models under a free license, either coming from the default catalog or from the free 3D models page. The following SH3F furniture libraries were also updated to include the new models as well as a few fixed ones:
These SH3F files are (partially or fully) translated in Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, my sweet home 3d Archives, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Vietnamese.
The furniture catalog available in the Sweet Home 3D Online was also updated to let users have access to the 1025 available models, my sweet home 3d Archives. Note that the new Scopia 3D models are copyrighted jointly by Emmanuel Puybaret / eTeks and Scopia Visual Interfaces Systems.
Many thanks to all the designers and the translators for their contribution to free models:
Absfrm, my sweet home 3d Archives, Alaskaman, Alberto Della Salandra, Andreas Kirsch, Antonio Guadagnino, Arturo Matheus, Ashaihullin, my sweet home 3d Archives, Avi9526, Aymanslman, B2przemo, Baffab, Bastable, Ben Omari, my sweet home 3d Archives, Betomo16, Bgamage, Bheema, BigMouse, Bjo.bernis, BMF, Bocko, BrunoMatheus, Bulgakov, Carlos Segura, Carvalho, Cattail, Celticluis, my sweet home 3d Archives, Cephei, Chemsciguy, Chiyoko Miklasevich, Christophe Tellerain, ColdShiverGames, ConsiEdilizia, Dalenryder, Dante, DennisH2010, Derte21, Diestel, Dingenskirchen, Don Ravey, DooL, Doug C, Doujon, Dzerbs, Elhzar, my sweet home 3d Archives, exL, Fabbyone, Fabrice Delobe, Farcgs, Florian Haag, Gaël Bettinelli, my sweet home 3d Archives, GdB, Geantick, Gerwin Harmsen, ghr424, Gwinna, GyngaNynja, Hansmex, HeraSK, Hermescn, Hilux, Icarus, Icybones, Infernal-quack, Jarda Benkovsky, Jay-Artist, jclevet.net, Jeff2207, Jeffie, Jo.3D, JonFreer, Jukka Hyytiälä, Jviersalas, Knyghtfall13x, Krabz, LarryStephenRobb, Leximumxii, Loopo, LucaPresidente, Lucas Germano, Lucas Klink, LVlittering, my sweet home 3d Archives, Mahesh, Mahmood, Manitislate, Mano, Martanda, Martin Karlsson, MattMump, my sweet home 3d Archives, Maui, Mayollo, my sweet home 3d Archives, Michtek, Migdalia Lopez, Miguel Angel Serra, Mik1190, Mitch37, Miyoko, Mofx, my sweet home 3d Archives, Mothome, Mücahit Baydar, Muhtesemozcinar, N Mi, NabHlEsCK, Nictac, Niebieski, Nikitron, Nmn9, North.Scopia, Andrew Kator & Jennifer Legaz, Blend Swap and Reallusion.
Happy New Year 2015!
Let's hope that 2015 will finish better than it started and that Freedom will always win in a peaceful world.
In memory of Charb, Cabu, Wolinski, Tignous and the other victims of the recent events.
Tags : downloads, my sweet home 3d Archives, furniture, models, sh3f, version
Add a commentSend a TrackBack
Sweet Home 3D Forum
Sweet Home 3D Blog
On December 19, 2020, furniture libraries were updated with 100 additional 3D models.
New 3D models
This update contains various kinds of models designed by Sweet Home 3D, Scopia and Blend Swap contributors. It includes many objects for the kitchen, some additional trees and other outdoor objects, as well as new windows and some Japanese style objects. The following image shows all the new models and I hope you'll find them useful.
The kitchen objects contain a new set of customizable cabinets, various appliances and more food models to let you design lifeful scenes.
Exterior models include rocks and new trees, with various appearances according to the season of your choice.
Winter is coming in the Northern hemisphere, but users living in warmer countries will probably appreciate the new models designed to furnish a deck.
When the Searchable list option is selected in the preferences pane, Sweet Home 3D lets you look for an item among the furniture catalog by typing some letters of its name. In version 4.2, was added the ability to search items with associated keywords too, my sweet home 3d Archives, but these keywords existed only in English and French translations until now.
This time, they were also added in Bulgarian, Czech, Finnish, Greek, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish translations of the furniture libraries, thanks to the help of the great community of Sweet Home 3D translators and a little application I programmed to simplify the boring task of adding keywords.
Search of heating items in Bulgarian
Keep in mind that among these keywords, there are two special ones:
- Adjustable: this keyword is used for items with a shape that can be modified with the Modify openings / Modify posture button in their modification dialog box.
- Default: this keyword is used for the 100 items of the default furniture catalog (note that the keywords associated to the items of the default furniture catalog will work in translated versions only in the next version of Sweet Home 3D).
Download new models and furniture libraries
The additional models are available at the free 3D models page and in the updated SH3F furniture libraries (I also managed to reduce the file size of many older models without losing details). Use the following links to download the updated librairies:
These SH3F files are (partially or fully) translated in Bulgarian, my sweet home 3d Archives, Chinese, Czech, My sweet home 3d Archives, English, my sweet home 3d Archives, Finnish, French, my sweet home 3d Archives, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Vietnamese.
The furniture catalog available in the Java version of Sweet Home 3D Online and in the paid versions of the Windows Store and the Mac App Store was also updated to propose the 1500 models now available. Like during recent updates, the new Scopia 3D models are copyrighted jointly by Emmanuel Puybaret / eTeks and Scopia Visual Interfaces Systems.
Many thanks to all the designers and the translators for their contribution to free models.
Keep safe, warm and healthy!
Tags : downloads, furniture, models, sh3f, my sweet home 3d Archives, version
Add a commentSend a TrackBack
Read this page to get answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Sweet Home 3D.
3D models import
- What are the minimum system requirements to run Sweet Home 3D?
Sweet Home 3D may be run under Windows 98 to Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) to macOS 11 (Big Sur), various Linux systems and Solaris. Your computer should have at least my sweet home 3d Archives processor running at 400 MHz, 256 MB and a graphic card with its driver updated (it runs slowly but successfully on an iMac DV).
Note that Sweet Home 3D offline my sweet home 3d Archives doesn't run under Windows 98 (SP1 or SP2). Under that system, you can install Sweet Home 3D only with Java Web Start, meaning you must install Javafirst, then click on the link Launch Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start.
- Is Sweet Home 3D free?
Thanks to the services provided by sourceforge.net and eTeks, you can download and use Sweet My sweet home 3d Archives 3D free of charge, for personal or commercial purpose, my sweet home 3d Archives, under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Nevertheless, if you want to reward financially Sweet Home 3D project, my sweet home 3d Archives you can donate the amount of your choice. Under Windows, you can also buy and download Sweet Home 3D on the Microsoft Store or on Amazon, whereas under Mac OS X 10.9 to macOS 11, you can buy and download it on the Mac App Store.
- I just changed computer and want to reinstall Sweet Home 3D on it. How can I retrieve the version I acquired?
If you used the free version, my sweet home 3d Archives, download it from the download page. If you acquired Sweet Home 3D on Amazon, go to the page Your digital games and software, where you'll be able to download the my sweet home 3d Archives version once you signed in. If you acquired it on the Microsoft Store, click on this link to display Sweet Home 3D page in Microsoft Store application, connect yourself by clicking on the Profile icon at top right then click on the Install button. Under Mac OS X, if you acquired it on the Mac App Store, launch App Store application, connect yourself with Store > Sign in menu item and select the Store > Purchased or View My Account menu item to install Sweet Home 3D.
- When I click on the link Launch Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start, my sweet home 3d Archives, my browser doesn't know what to do with downloaded file. What should I do?
Under Mac OS X, click on the icon of the file while maintaining the ctrl key pressed, and choose Open in the contextual menu that will appear (by my sweet home 3d Archives you should find it in the folder of your home folder). Under Windows and Linux, this is WOW wurth 5.00.8 crack serial keygen because Java isn't installed correctly or isn't installed at all on your system. If you don't mind to download a bigger file (40 to 50 MB instead of 20 MB), the easiest way to fix this problem is to download Sweet Home 3D offline installer bundled with Java and to follow installation my sweet home 3d Archives instructions.
Otherwise, under Windows, my sweet home 3d Archives, you should install or reinstall Java available at http://java.com, then click again on the link Launch Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start. Under Linux, you must also indicate to your browser that it should open the JNLP file with the command that you'll find in the subdirectory of the directory where Java is installed (search something named .).
- When I run Sweet Home 3D, only a splash screen appears during a few seconds. What happened?
This is a problem due to the my sweet home 3d Archives of your graphic card. Please read the answer to the next question.
- I got the message Sweet Home 3D will exit now because of a fatal error in 3D rendering system. What can I do?
This is a problem due to the configuration of your graphic card, my sweet home 3d Archives.
- First, if you use Windows 7 or a previous version of Windows, open the Display Properties pane by right clicking on desktop screen and choosing Properties item in menu. In that pane, display the Settings tab, my sweet home 3d Archives, and click on the Advanced button. My sweet home 3d Archives in the Troubleshoot tab of the pane that opened, check the Hardware acceleration cursor is at its maximum on Full, confirm your choice and try to run Sweet Home 3D again.
- If the previous operation didn't resolve your problem, update the OpenGL and DirectX drivers of your graphic card with the latest Video Converter | Pirate PC available ones, my sweet home 3d Archives, and try to run Sweet Home 3D again.
- If this update still doesn't fix your problem and you use a 64 bit system, relaunch the installation program of Sweet Home 3D and select the 32 bit architecture option in the screen used to choose the installation folder (32 bit drivers are sometimes more stable than their 64 bit counterpart).
- If running Sweet Home 3D in 32 bit still doesn't work, download the file copy it in Registration key crack serial keygen Sweet Home 3D installation folder (by default, my sweet home 3d Archives, or ) and relaunch Sweet Home 3D, my sweet home 3d Archives. The file tells Sweet Home 3D to use the DirectX version of the Java 3D library rather than the OpenGL version, but this option is available only in 32 bit (if you installed a JRE 32 bit, you may also click on this link to run Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start and the DirectX version of the Java 3D library).
- Finally, if this last solution doesn't work, you may still want to use Sweet Home 3D without 3D features, by reading the answer to the next question.
- Update the drivers of your graphic card with the latest available ones, and try to run Sweet Home 3D again.
- Try to run the script which is available in the Linux installer and runs with an older version of Java 3D.
- If this solution doesn't work, you may still want to use Sweet Home 3D without 3D features, by reading the answer to the next question.
- How can I disable 3D features in Sweet Home 3D?
Since version 3.2, you may disable at Sweet Home 3D launch the features that needs the 3D capabilities of your computer. Thus, you get Sweet Home 2D application which runs without any 3D view, without a 3D view menu, without the capability to render photos, create videos and import individual pieces of furniture; but you can still draw and layout furniture in the 2D plan without problems, SH3D files created with this version are compatible with Sweet Home 3D ones and you can import furniture libraries.
To install and run Sweet Home 2D with Java Web Start, install Java and click on this link (Sweet My sweet home 3d Archives 3D and Sweet Home 2D may be installed on the same computer if needed). You may also run Sweet Home 2D by downloading the Jar executable version of Sweet Home 3D and executing the command.
- Sweet Home 3D crashes when I want to edit preferences, print, create a photo or create a video. What can I do?
This issue happens mostly on a few Linux computers when Sweet Home 3D checks whether computing offscreen 3D images is supported by Java 3D on your computer. This feature is required to compute the top view of furniture in the plan, to print the 3D view and to manage the two lowest photo and video quality levels. If Sweet Home 3D detects offscreen 3D Rosetta Stone TOTALe Activation Code Archives images aren't supported my sweet home 3d Archives your system, my sweet home 3d Archives, it automatically disables the features based on it, but sometimes, the detection test itself makes Sweet Home 3D crash! To launch a version of Sweet Home 3D which avoids this test and disables my sweet home 3d Archives the features depending on offscreen 3D images, add the Java option my sweet home 3d Archives to the command in Linux SweetHome3D script, or click on this Java Web Start link.
- Texts in the furniture catalog are not displayed correctly or icons in the toolbar appear very small on my computer. How can I fix that?
You probably use a recent computer with a HiDPI or high resolution screen, under Windows or Linux. If you run Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start, using the HiDPI Java Web Start version should fix this issue. If you use the installer version under Windows, my sweet home 3d Archives, update to version 6.0 which fixes this issue. For older versions, create a text file named in the same folder ascopy/paste the following Java options in that file, my sweet home 3d Archives, and restart Sweet Home 3D (you may also download file and move it in folder): -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.resolutionScale=2.5 -Dswing.defaultlaf=javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel -Dswing.plaf.metal.controlFont=Dialog-11 -Dswing.plaf.metal.userFont=SansSerif-11 -Dswing.plaf.metal.systemFont=SansSerif-11 Under Linux, edit script and add the previous options before Java option without line returns.
- How can I adjust the memory used by Sweet Home 3D?
Sweet Home 3D can't use as much as memory as your computer can offer by itself, but you can still change the maximum memory used by the program if needed. This may be required for example if an error red cross appears during the photo rendering of a home with many different and detailled 3D models. By default, the Java Web Start version uses 640 MB or 2 GB at maximum according to your system, and the installer version uses 1 GB or 2 GB at maximum, except under 32-bit Windows where it's still 640 MB (this maximum is displayed in the About dialog box). For the installer version, you can change this number by udpating the value of the Java option, as follows:
- Under Windows, create a text file named in the same folder aswrite the maximum memory Java option in that file, for example for 700 MB, then relaunch Sweet Home 3D. For a value higher than 700 MB, tested as the highest value under which Sweet Home 3D can run safely on a 32-bit Windows computer with little RAM, my sweet home 3d Archives, you should use a computer running 64-bit Windows and install Sweet Home 3D 4.3 or higher.
- With the free version running with Apple Java 1.6 under Mac OS X (see About dialog box in Sweet Home 3D), click on the application icon of Sweet Home 3D while maintaining the ctrl key pressed to display its contextual menu, choose Show Package Contents item, open the Contents folder, edit the Info.plist file by dragging its icon on TextEdit application and update the maximum memory in the text writing for example for 2 GB instead of 1024 MB. Finally, save the file and relaunch Sweet Home 3D. If Info.plist is protected, you may run a command like in a Terminal window to edit it (this command requires to enter the password of the administrator of the Mac).
- With the Mac App Store version or the free version running with Java 1.8 under Mac OS X, edit the SweetHome3D.cfg file found in the Contents/Java subfolder of Sweet Home 3D application and update the maximum memory by adding the option after the linewriting for example for 6 GB. Save the file and relaunch Sweet Home 3D. To edit the SweetHome3D.cfg protected file, you may run a command like in a Terminal window (this my sweet home 3d Archives requires to enter the password of the administrator of the Mac).
- With the Mac App Store version or the free version running with Java 15 under Mac OS X, edit the SweetHome3D.cfg file found in the Contents/app subfolder of Sweet Home 3D application and update the maximum memory by adding or modifying the option after the linewriting for example for 6 GB, my sweet home 3d Archives. Save the file and relaunch Sweet Home 3D. To edit the SweetHome3D.cfg protected file, my sweet home 3d Archives, you may run a command like in a Terminal window (this command requires to enter the password of the administrator of the Mac).
- Under Linux, edit script, update the maximum memory in the option my sweet home 3d Archives (using for example for 2 GB), save the script, then relaunch Sweet Home 3D.
- Where can I find an icon for Sweet Home 3D under Linux?
You can use the image proposed in the installer or the ones proposed in this article.
- A new version of Sweet Home 3D is available in my language, my sweet home 3d Archives, but all texts are still in English. How can I change texts by the ones of my language?
Choose your language in the Language drop down list of the Preferences pane. Under Mac OS X, this pane is displayed by choosing the Preferences item in the Sweet Home 3D menu, my sweet home 3d Archives. Under other systems, it's displayed by choosing the Preferences item in the File menu.
- Where can I find older versions of Sweet Home 3D?
my sweet home 3d Archives The installers of older versions of Sweet Home 3D are available in the Files section of the project on SourceForge.net.
If you want to run older versions of Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start, click on this link to run version 1.8 or this link to run version 0.10 (Sweet Home 3D version 0.10 is the study case of the French book Les cahiers du programmeur Swing, written by Emmanuel Puybaret and published by Editions Eyrolles in December 2006).
- How can I uninstall Sweet Home 3D?
To uninstall Sweet Home 3D, follow these steps depending on your system:
- Under Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10, select Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel, select Sweet Home 3D in the programs list then click on the Uninstall button.
- Under Windows XP and previous versions of Windows, select Add or Remove Programs in Windows Control My sweet home 3d Archives, select Sweet Home 3D in the programs list then click on the Remove button.
- Under Mac OS X, move the icon of Sweet Home 3D application in the trash. If you installed Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start, you may also empty the Java cache used by the program by running command in a Terminal window, then removing Sweet Home 3D from Java Web Start applications list.
- Under Linux, if you installed Sweet Home 3D with its installation program, move its application folder in the trash. If you installed Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start, run command in a Terminal window, then remove Sweet Home 3D from Java Web Start applications list.
- Under Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10, imported furniture, textures, plug-ins and user preferences are saved in the folder and its subfolders ; user preferences Windows 7 Loader Activator 3.1 + Crack 2022 Download [32/64 Bit] handled with version 2.6 and previous versions are saved in the my sweet home 3d Archives folder of Windows registry.
- Under Windows XP and previous versions of Windows, imported furniture, textures, plug-ins and user preferences are saved in the folder and its subfolders ; user preferences handled with version 2.6 and previous versions are saved in the folder of Windows registry.
- Under Mac OS X, imported furniture, textures, plug-ins and and user preferences are saved in the subfolder of your user folder ; some user preferences might also be saved in the files and found in the subfolder of your user folder.
- Under Linux, imported furniture, textures, plug-ins and and user preferences are saved in the subfolder of your user folder ; user my sweet home 3d Archives handled with version 2.6 and previous versions are saved in the subfolder of your user folder.
3D models import
- I downloaded a 3DS model from the web, but Sweet Home 3D doesn't import it correctly and some parts of the model are scattered. What can I do?
First, be sure to my sweet home 3d Archives at least the version 4.5 of Sweet Home 3D that improved 3DS format support. But it's still possible that a few models are imported incorrectly with that version. Try to convert the 3DS files that don't work in OBJ files with FBX Converter, first converting 3DS files in FBX files, then converting generated FBX files in OBJ files.
- How can I import 3D models in OBJ, DAE or 3DS format with the Mac App Store version of Sweet Home 3D?
For security reasons required by Apple, it's possible to import a 3D model in the Mac App Store version, only if it's stored in a ZIP archive or if it's a file in KMZ format. If you create or download a 3D model in OBJ, DAE or 3DS format, you'll have to save first the file(s) of this model in a ZIP archive that you'll be able to import in Sweet Home 3D afterwards. To achieve this, select the files of the 3D model in the Finder (OBJ file + MTL file + possibly images, DAE file + images or 3DS file + images), my sweet home 3d Archives, and choose the File > Compress menu item to create a ZIP archive containing selected files.
If you use Safari to download 3D models which are available as ZIP archives (like the ones of the free models page), you should also know that the preferences of this browser propose an Open safe files after downloading option that is selected by default; therefore, all downloaded ZIP archives will be automatically unzipped. If it's the case, my sweet home 3d Archives, instead of creating again a ZIP achive Stellar Data Recovery Professional 10.1.0.0 crack serial keygen files unzipped by Safari, it's more handy to uncheck the Open safe files after downloading option to download models directly in ZIP format.
- Does Sweet Home 3D support 3D models that use textures?
Yes from version 1.6, my sweet home 3d Archives. You may import the 3D model file directly or a ZIP file that contains the 3D model file and its texture files. Note that once imported, a 3D model file and the files depending on it (MTL file, texture image files.) are copied in private directories of Sweet Home 3D to let you move these files elsewhere or even delete them.
- How can I change the color of the different parts of a model in OBJ format?
The OBJ file format is a text file format that is quite simple. From its description at Java 3D web site, my sweet home 3d Archives, this discussion and this one available on Sweet Home 3D forums, you may change the color of the different parts of an OBJ model by adding rows in the file, where is one of the color described in this document. From version 1.6, you may also describe model color and texures in a MTL file referenced by the OBJ Tag: download keygen mixcraft 8 file with a statement.
- How can I create a new category of furniture?
During the Import furniture wizard, you may choose the category of an imported 3D model with an editable drop down list. Thus, if you want to add an imported model to a new category, type a new category name in the text field of this drop down list. If it doesn't exist, it will be created.
- Which program can I use to create 3D model files?
You may use any program able to create or export 3D models in OBJ, DAE/Collada or 3DS format. Among the free programs, start with Art of Illusion if you never used any 3D modeling program, because it's quite easy to learn and use. Blender is also a very popular program supported by a large community, but it's much more difficult to learn. Both programs are able to export to OBJ format and run under Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- How can I transfer the furniture I imported on an other computer?
Whether they come from the default catalog or were imported, all the pieces of furniture you use in a home are saved in the matching SH3D my sweet home 3d Archives. Thus you may transfer and open a SH3D file on any other computer even if it runs under an other operating system.
On the other side, the pieces imported in the catalog of Sweet Home 3D are saved in private folders separate from program one to avoid losing them during an upgrade of the program. If you want to transfer these pieces to the Sweet My sweet home 3d Archives 3D catalog of an other computer, you may use ExportToSH3F-1.0.sh3p plug-in. Once you installed this plug-in, choose the new menu item Furniture > Export imported furniture to SH3F. to create a SH3F file and import it on the other computer with the Furniture > Import furniture library. menu item (caution, this plug-in doesn't work with the Java Web Start version of Sweet Home 3D).
If required, you may edit a SH3F file with the downloadable my sweet home 3d Archives Furniture Library Editor.
- I chose Furniture > Import furniture. menu item to import a 3D model, but during the wizard, I got the message Sweet Home 3D must exit now because of a fatal error in 3D rendering system. What can I do?
This is a problem due to the configuration of your graphic card. Please read the answer to the same question in the Installation section. If it doesn't solve your problem, you may also try to import librairies of additional 3D models.
- How can I create a roof on top of a house?
Sweet Home 3D supports the creation of ceilings seen from below, but doesn't propose some simple way to create roofs yet. Nevertheless, you can use various tricks to cover a house: if the roof is flat, you can draw rooms in a level matching that roof. If you want to add a sloping roof, you may assemble blue slate roof, red slate roof or polygonal roof 3D models available at the 3D models import page, as well as the ones available in 3D Models Contributions Tracking System like Krams036's models and OK Hoff's models, my sweet home 3d Archives. From the my sweet home 3d Archives 5.5, you may also assemble boxes and triangles of the Miscellaneous category that you'll flatten and rotate around their horizontal axis, like in the house demos available in the dialog box shown by the File > New from demo menu item.
- How can I create different stories or levels in a home?
From version 3.4, use the Plan > Add level menu item to create new levels, then choose Plan > Modify level to adjust its elevation, height and other attributes.
- How can I create round walls?
You may create round walls either with the Wall creation tool, my sweet home 3d Archives, or afterwards with the wall modification pane or with a drag-and-drop of the indicator displayed at the half of a wall. If you want to draw a round wall during its creation, keep the ctrl key (alt key under Mac OS X) pressed when you click a second time at the end point of a new wall; an arc of a circle joining the two ends of the new wall will appear, and you can modify the arc extent of the round wall by moving the mouse pointer, until you click a third time. The angle of this arc extent may be entered with the keyboard too, once you pressed the Enter key, or ctrl + Enter (alt + Enter under Mac OS X) keys if you were already using keyboard mode to enter the length of the wall. To modify the arc extent of a wall afterwards, my sweet home 3d Archives, double-click on the wall my sweet home 3d Archives modify the value of the Arc extent field in its my sweet home 3d Archives wall modification pane.
- How can I change the opening side of a door or a window?
When magnestism is active, the opening side of a door or a window towards the interior or the exterior depends on the side of the wall where you drag and drop it. The location of the rotation axis of a door or a window towards the left or the right may be reversed by double clicking on it in the plan or the furniture list, then selecting the Mirrored shape option in the furniture modification pane.
- Is it possible to manually set the rotation center of the 3D view in Aerial view mode?
In Aerial view mode, the observer can turn around his home in the 3D view to view it from various angles. By default, this rotation is centered on the middle of the bounding box which contains all the walls, rooms and furniture added to home, and this center is automatically updated at each modification. This behavior ensures the user always sees his home entirely with no way to get lost in the 3D view. If you want to move this center of rotation, my sweet home 3d Archives, enable the Aerial view centered on selection option in the preferences pane and select the object(s) in the plan around which the aerial view will turn, or use the Virtual visit mode which lets you choose any point of view. If you want to see some rooms hidden by walls in Aerial view mode, my sweet home 3d Archives, you may also set the walls transparency in the modification pane of the 3D view.
- Importing a background image seemed to run correctly but no image appears in plan. What is going on?
Check the size you chose during the second step of the Import background image wizard. The entered value must match the size of the line drawn below in the real life, my sweet home 3d Archives, not its size at screen or on the paper you scanned. If the current unit is centimeter or inch, this value will be probably much larger than 100.
- Sweet Home 3D refuses to save a file I created. How can I fix this issue?
Check that you have the permissions to write in the folder where you want to save that file, my sweet home 3d Archives. If this is the case and your system is Windows, check also that its security settings don't forbid you to save some files from Sweet Home 3D application, following these instructions.
- Sweet Home 3D refuses to open a SH3D file I created, or opens it incorrectly. Is there a way to repair it?
When Sweet Home 3D saves a home, it attempts to create first a temporary file that replaces the previously saved file only once the temporary file is successfully created and if there's enough disk space. This ensures that there's very little chance that your previous SH3D file gets corrupted even if the last save operation failed. Nevertheless, some users still report they can't open their SH3D file. If this is your case, my sweet home 3d Archives, try to open your SH3D file my sweet home 3d Archives Sweet Home 3D 4.4 and above, to check if the program can repair it. If it still can't open your file, please try my sweet home 3d Archives to describe to the developer of Sweet Home 3D the circumstances of the last save operation (was is successful?), whether the SH3D file was transferred or not by email, ftp or with an USB key, what happens when you try to open the file that causes problems, and join a compressed version of your SH3D file if possible.
Finally, try next time to back up regularly your SH3D files, like you should do for any document you spend hours on.
- Can I import a SH3D file in the Online version?
From version 4.4, you may import a SH3D my sweet home 3d Archives in the Online version or export a home from my sweet home 3d Archives the Online version to a SH3D file to edit it with Sweet Home 3D installed version. Importing and exporting services are available only to the users who are registered and logged in.
- The 3D view of Sweet Home 3D is always black or shows twice the same image, my sweet home 3d Archives. What can I do?
Under Windows, installing Java and running Sweet my sweet home 3d Archives Home 3D with DirectX generally solves this problem. Read also the answer to this question in the Installation section.
- Sweet Home 3D refuses to print the 3D view. What can I do?
This is a problem due to the configuration of your graphic card that can't create offscreen 3D images. Please read the answer to this question in the Installation section.
- How can I improve the lighting of the 3D view?
Depending on your graphic card, the 3D view may look too bright or too dark. You may adjust Light brightness in the pane displayed by choosing 3D view > Modify.. If you want a more photorealistic rendering of the 3D view, choose 3D view > Create photo. from the menu and select the best quality available in the displayed pane, my sweet home 3d Archives, after checking you use at least the version 3.0 of Sweet Home 3D.
- How can I speed up the rendering process in photo and video creation panes?
In the photo creation pane, computing an image at the two best quality levels may my sweet home 3d Archives a few minutes, and in the video creation pane, computing the video may take many hours. To speed up the rendering process, try the following tips:
- increase the max memory allocated to Sweet Home 3D,
- create smaller images or videos, and/or compute them with a lower quality,
- turn off useless lights,
- use less detailed 3D models,
- use texture images with a lower resolution,
- use a computer with a more powerful CPU (running at a higher frequency and/or with more cores),
- render photos with YafaRay rendering plug-in.
- Where are missing features listed?
You'll find requested features at this page and in some discussions of Sweet Home 3D forums.
- How can I contribute to Sweet Home 3D?
You may contribute to Sweet Home 3D in many ways:
- Write an article about it on your blog, a forum or other means available on the Internet, for example to review it or to describe how you used it.
- Create some new 3D models and post them in 3D Models Contributions Tracking System, so they can be added to the Free 3D models page.
- If you have some skills in Java programming, develop a plug-in for Sweet Home 3D, after reading its plug-in developer's guide.
- Write a tutorial about Sweet Home 3D in the language of your choice, my sweet home 3d Archives or even create a video tutorial, like the ones described in the documentation page. If you have no means to host your document on the Web, it may be hosted on Sweet Home 3D site.
- Translate Sweet Home 3D in an other language.
- Answer user questions in Sweet Home 3D forum.
- Report a bug, propose a missing feature or write a review on SourceForge.net.
- Donate to Sweet Home 3D project.
- How can I contribute to the translation of Sweet Home 3D in an other language?
Localizing Sweet Home 3D in a language consists of the translation of: This may be achieved by one or more persons and should take at least four days of work.
Please, read the translation guide my sweet home 3d Archives write to the developer of Sweet Home 3D to receive more instructions about this process.
Thanks to Pencilart for her contribution to the translation of this page.
|© Copyright 2006-2021 eTeks - All rights reserved|
Sweet Home 3D Forum